The Ultimate Guide to Celebrating Spring features crafts, recipes, decor ideas, wreaths, and more. This is the perfect place to get inspiration and spring ideas for welcoming this special season into your home!
As a life-long resident of Ohio, the changing seasons are a big part of my life. I love to welcome each one, and enjoy sharing seasonal content with all of you. Over the years, I have gathered together an idea list for celebrating the various seasons…but I never made one for spring until last year. This guide has been completely updated and reorganized for 2023, and includes every scrap of spring season inspiration I have!
What follows is a collection of my best decor ideas, recipes, crafts, wreaths, spring activities, and more. My hope is that these suggestions will provide endless ideas, so you can celebrate spring in style!
Spring Dinner Ideas + Sides
- Serve this chicken salad for a simple weeknight supper.
- Make these ham and swiss sliders for two or a crowd!
- Whip up this Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad in no time.
- This Meyer Lemon Chicken sheet pan dinner is super quick and easy.
- Make this beautiful fresh citrus salad.
- This pasta salad recipe is as pretty as it is delicious!
- Make this beautiful homemade angel food cake.
- Serve this gorgeous sour cream coffee cake for Easter or Mother’s Day!
- Make this simplified berry chantilly cake to impress your Easter guests!
- Serve these strawberry shortcake biscuits for a fun and fresh dessert.
- This jello salad was probably served by your granny at spring family gatherings!
- Make these simple and sweet blueberry cookies. Also try these amazing blueberry muffins.
- Try these strawberry scones…or this strawberry bread.
- See how to plant ferns in vintage galvanized containers.
- Plant a small herb garden for your kitchen.
- Learn all about beautiful spring-blooming bleeding hearts.
- Spring weather can be tricky! See my method for protecting early spring blooms from frost.
- Put fresh herbs in little pots for the perfect kitchen herb garden.
- Think ahead to warmer weather and plan your summer gardening by considering this list of hardy perennials.
- New to gardening? Take a look at these tips to get started.
- Start a journal to record the progress of your garden.
Spring Decor Ideas
- Check out my best ideas for the easiest spring decor for the living room.
- Check out how beautiful white tulips look in vintage blue mason jars.
- Put this pussy willow centerpiece together in just a few minutes!
- Sprinkle vintage quilts and pillows around to add color and interest.
- See how to mix and match plates to make an interesting spring table.
- Add fresh eucalyptus to shelf decor for a fun spring look.
- Add an unexpected color to your existing interior decor.
- Mix inexpensive melamine plates with vintage china for a unique look. Also includes using eggs, shades of blue, and other pastels.
- Give your Easter guests cute favors made from terra cotta pots.
- Assemble this simple centerpiece with Meyer lemons and greenery.
- Set a pretty spring table with blue and white items.
- Using neutral ironstone on shelves is a fresh spring idea.
- Easy ways to refresh your kitchen for spring.
- See this pretty and super easy centerpiece for a dining table.
- Get my guide to the best spring faux flowers!
- Take a look at this amazing collection of spring flower arrangements.
- Use spring flowers and herbs for a unique centerpiece.
- Add faux lavender to buckets or vases for a look that won’t fade.
- Fill your dough bowl with gorgeous pink cherry blossoms.
- Tips for arranging tulips…and how to make them stop drooping.
Spring Wreaths + Outdoor Decor
- A big and showy tulip wreath.
- An easy door basket with a cute bow.
- A pink spring wreath that adds amazing curb appeal.
- A market basket full of cherry blossoms.
- A spring wreath with ferns and flowers.
- Paint ugly planters to match your front door!
- Decorate your porch with crisp black and white.
- Spruce up the sitting area on your porch, deck, or patio.
- Our first spring porch at the Sugar Maple house.
Spring Craft Ideas
- Treat yourself to a fun and relaxing craft session! Make these DIY Mod Podge terra cotta pots to add to your spring decor. Fill them with faux greenery, dried flowers, or use them as table setting favors. They also make the perfect Easter or Mother’s Day gift.
- Add the beautiful scent of lavender to your home with these DIY lavender sachets.
- Planning a spring bridal or baby shower? Make box lunches!
- Homemade sugar scrub is the perfect Easter or Mother’s Day gift from the heart.
- A sweet, tried + true Easter bunny pillow craft.
- A super simple DIY Easter Bunny Nest that’s charming and sweet.
Ideas for Spring Activities
- Fly a kite.
- Find a pond of ducks and if allowed, feed them bits of stale bread.
- On the first nice day, take a bike ride.
- Color Easter eggs.
- Gather your Easter baskets, and refresh them with new grass and ribbon.
- A wonderful way to break out of your winter hibernation is to grab a jacket and take a long walk.
- Plan ahead for your Easter, Passover, and Mother’s Day celebrations.
- Find a rake and clean up your landscaping or flower beds.
The latest spring printable collection consists of:
- 8 spring-themed designs suitable for DIY wall artwork.
- Mother’s Day gift cards.
- Thinking of you gift cards.
- Thank you gift cards.
How to Get The Printables
To get this collection of spring printables, all you need to do is fill out the short form at the end of the post. You will immediately receive an email that contains the link to this free spring printables collection. You will also receive new posts and special offers straight to your email inbox!
**Please note: if you are already an OSP email subscriber, go ahead and fill out the form below. I will send the download straight to your inbox. My email company makes sure you won’t have duplicate subscriptions.
I hope you found some new ideas to share with your family. I will keep adding to the list as I share new content when spring rolls around each year. Once again, I want to thank every one of you for your support and friendship. I am so grateful that you take the time to come to this blog. Until next time…