Bring a pop of yellow to your front door with this DIY Spring Forsythia Wreath. Uses basic craft store items. Easy and fast to assemble!
Here’s a little tip…if you want a pop of color and a quick spring pick-me-up, get yourself some forsythia! It has been gray and rainy here for days, but when I hung this spring forsythia wreath on my door, I instantly felt better. There is definitely something about the color yellow that adds sunshine to a dark day.
Spring Forsythia Wreath Supplies Needed:
- 18 inch grapevine wreath
- 2 bunches/bushes faux forsythia
- wire cutters or heavy scissors
- florist wire
- nest with eggs
(If you’re wondering about the bunny in the photo, I thought I was going to attach him to the wreath with the nest, but in the end, decided he was too much!)
Spring Forsythia Wreath Steps:
- With the wire cutters or heavy scissors, cut the individual stems from each forsythia bush. My bushes had five stems each which left me with ten stems.
- Working on a flat surface, attach a hanger to the wreath with a piece of florist wire.
- Using the hanger to mark the top of the wreath, begin inserting the stems into the grapevine. Imagine the spokes on a wheel and follow that pattern. Start at the top and insert five stems in the left side, ending at the bottom center of the wreath.
- Starting at the top again, insert five stems into the right side of the wreath, ending at the bottom center.
- Stand back and make any necessary adjustments so the blossoms look relatively even.
- Using another piece of florist wire, attach the nest with eggs. Just stick a piece of wire through the nest and wire it on to the grapevine.
I actually didn’t spend a dime on this spring forsythia wreath. I still had the forsythia basket I made a few years ago, so I just used re-used the flowers. I had everything else. If you wanted to make this from scratch, I am sure it can be done for under $25.00. Maybe much less.
*Some links lead to websites where I am an affiliate. Click [HERE] for my disclosure statement.
Here are some online sources for the spring forsythia wreath supplies. Floral bushes and stems are 50% off this week at Hobby Lobby. (And no, I’m not getting paid to say that!)
I hope you have time to visit a few of the links listed below. Thanks for stopping by!