Use this unique door decorating idea to add curb appeal and charm to your home. With just a few supplies, you can have this cute basket on your door in no time!
With each new season, one of my very favorite things to do is update the decor on our front door. Like many of you, I’ve been doing this for so long that sometimes it’s hard to come up with something fresh and new. Although this cute door basket isn’t exactly a new idea, it’s very cute, with an interesting shape, and it’s overflowing with eucalyptus and lemons. Read on for the easy assembly instructions.
Affiliate links included. See my disclosure statement. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- long hanging pocket basket
- faux eucalyptus
- lemon branches
- floral foam
- basket is hung with a Command hook
How to Make
- Stuff packing paper or other packing material into the bottom half of the basket.
- With a sharp knife, trim the floral foam so it fits tightly in the opening of your door basket.
- Once the foam is in the basket, add the hanging eucalyptus. Space it so it hangs over the sides of the basket as well as the front.
- Make sure to stand back and make adjustments as you go.
- If needed, trim the lemon stems, and then place them in the basket.
- Hang on your front door and enjoy!
Note: Once the basket was on my door, I decided not to add any ribbon. However, I did add some faux blueberries that I had on hand. (That’s why they aren’t pictured in the supply image.)
How to Save Money on DIY Projects
Even though this hanging pocket basket isn’t the most budget-friendly project I’ve ever shared, I have to say that it’s one of my favorites. I ordered the supplies a few months ago, and didn’t realize how much they added up to until the basket was on my door. So if this is a budget-breaker for you, here are some ways to save money on DIY home decor projects.
- Use what you have.
- Shop at second-hand stores and thrift shops. Many times you can find exactly what you need for just a few dollars.
- Go in person to craft or discount stores and shop in the sale aisles. It’s amazing what you can find!
- For a similar look, here is the same basket featured above, but less expensive, in white, or take a look at this one.
Our Two Blue Front Doors
Get all the details on our current front door, and also the one featured at the Sutton Place house.