I like to call this Rosemary Parmesan Chicken recipe a one-dish wonder. It all bakes together and it’s everything you need for a complete meal. It’s easy and family-friendly. If that’s not enough to convince you to try it, this should be the clincher. It’s delicious…the chicken is moist and the vegetables are crisp.
Rosemary Parmesan Chicken Recipe Tips:
The veggies are tossed in olive oil before they go in the oven. I used to do this in a bowl until I realized that I could toss them right in the baking pan. I like my veggies very done, so I bake them for a bit before the chicken is added to the pan.
You’ll have plenty of time while the veggies are baking to put together the topping. My favorite thing to use for bread crumbs is left-over hamburger buns. It seems we never finish a bag of buns and there are always a couple laying in the cupboard. I throw the buns in my mini food processor and in no time the crumbs are ready. If you don’t want to make your own, any kind of packaged bread crumbs will work.
After the veggies have baked for a bit, remove them from the oven. Move them to the sides of the pan so you can put the pieces of chicken in the middle. Add your topping and a few sprigs of fresh rosemary right before it goes back in the oven.
This recipe can be doubled but you will have to use two pans. Just bake the chicken in one and the veggies in another.
Rosemary Parmesan Chicken
- 10-12 small new potatoes quartered
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless chicken breast pieces
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Toss potatoes and carrots with olive oil in the 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Add salt & pepper.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- While potatoes and carrots are baking combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and garlic powder in a bowl and mix lightly with a fork.
- Remove pan from oven after 25 minutes.
- Place chicken breasts in the middle of the dish. Add salt and pepper.
- Cover generously with bread crumb mixture.
- Drizzle with olive oil and lay Rosemary on top.
- Bake for 40 min. uncovered.
- If the chicken starts to brown too much cover loosely with foil.
This rosemary parmesan chicken recipe does take a little prep but it’s not hard…and when it’s baking, the scent of rosemary mixed with garlic fills your kitchen. It’s comfort food that fills your body and your soul. I hope you try it!
*Some links lead to websites where I am an affiliate. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
My favorite kitchen tools and supplies
can be found in my
Click these links for more comfort food inspiration!
Are you a member of the OSP family? Please join us!