Rain Boot Vase

Rain Boot Vase

It worked. Several days ago I cut some forsythia branches and brought them inside. I followed these directions on how to force forsythia flowers.

Rain Boot VaseThen I waited patiently. It took a full 7 days but it was so worth the wait. I got my blooms and put them in a pair of bright yellow polka dot rain boots.

Rain Boot VaseI’ve wanted to do this rain boot project since the very first time I saw it on Pinterest. Since I wasn’t going to actually wear the boots, I was determined to get a pair at a good price.

Rain Boot Vase

I finally found these cute boots at Target…on clearance!

Rain Boot VaseIt was so easy too. I just stuck a tall vase in each boot, added water and then the forsythia. I stuck some plastic grocery bags in the toes of the boots to give them a little shape.

Rain Boot VaseI have no idea how long the blooms will last. I hope at least for a few days. After they fade I think I might replace them with a potted green plant. Maybe ivy? I’ll just remove the vases, stuff more grocery bags in and set the pots right on top of the bags.

Rain Boot Vase

Thank you for stopping by.  I’ll be back on Monday with a preview of a Maison Blanche paint project. There’s an incredible Maison Blanche giveaway coming next week too. I’d like to wish each of you a very blessed and holy Easter. I hope wherever you are the day is filled with sunshine, family and friends.

Happy Easter!

signature

Linking to:

Debbiedoo’s

I Heart Nap Time

Under The Table and Dreaming

Cozy Little House

Savvy Southern Style

The Vintage Barn

Setting For Four

No Minimalist Here

The 36th Avenue

Funky Junk

1. Gabby says

I’ve seen rain boot vases b4 but these, in the settings you have created are simply the cutest~ BTW, saw your link on the Ingenious Inkling blog. :)

I saw a pair of red polka dot boots at Target, but I already have black polka dot boots so I didn’t buy them. If only I had read your post first. Now I will be on the lookout for some cute rainboots.

I have boot envy!!! I was looking all over for a pair of rain boots like that last week – never found anything so cute so I gave up on the rain boot idea!!! Too Cute!!

I’m one of the co-host’s this week for Ginger Snap Craft’s “{Wow Me} Wednesday”, and I’m featuring this post on my blog today. It’s such a cute idea. I just love the polka dots on the boots!

5. Shari W. says

If you want to extend the use of the yellow boots, get some branches of silk forcithia flowers. That way you can use them longer into the spring.

What a cute, fresh and adorable idea, Ann. I love how the yellow pops against your blue door. And while I love the fresh forsythia, I suppose you could add “silk” forsythia to make it last longer. Such a fun idea. Thank you for all the tips you shared including adding grocery sacks to fill the toes. :-)

Your yellow polka-dotted boots are fabulous! I love that you’ve filled them with forsythia blooms, they look so springy!!
    The yellow against your blue door is very pretty!

8. christine aldinger says

i do believe this is the cutest and best spring entrance i have seen from the boots to the wreath …beautiful!!

9. Bev says

Love the boots as a vase and I agree you should wear them . They make a great boot for garden work. I wear mine all the time ; )

Ann ~ Your yellow boots are adorable! What a clever idea! I force forsythia every year and then stick my branches into the ground wherever I want a new bush to appear, you can bet I’ll be on the lookout for a new pair of boots this year! Happy Easter and Thanks for another Wonderful Idea.

So happy to see your forsythia bloomed:) They look great in your rain boots. We must be thinking alike I just used my rain boots today in my photos:) Perfect color too:)

Ann,
    This is just adorable. I love the photograph of the door, wreath and the boots. I’ve tried to force forsythia and didn’t have much luck. I’ll try your method.

hugs
    Sissie

13. Madelyn says

If you leave the “yellow bell” in water after the blooms drop off-leaves will come out and if you keep it long enough it will root—Plant them. Started many bushes this way!! Works for gardenias & twisted willow, too.

14. Donnamae says

You were so lucky to find those boots! Forsythia looks great in them! Hooray for projects that work like they are supposed to! Have a happy Easter! ;)

15. Carole says

Oh Ann, this is such a charming display. Just love it. Besides, yellow is one of my favorite colors (after blue, of course). Your entry is just perfect!

Have a wonderful Easter.

16. dgmills says

That is the cutest idea… Hope you don’t mind if I borrow it. I bought a darling pair of hot pink striped rain boots and then I found a cute hot pink polka dot umbrella to put beside them at the front door… Now I will have to find some vases that fit in the pair of boots… I love your yellow boots. I love your front door… our front door is about the same color blue.

Ann these are just the cutest vases ever. I have seen this done too, but I love seeing them in your cheery home. So doggone CUTE!!
    Happy Easter Weekend,
    Kathysue

Love this idea! Yellow always just screams “Spring” to me. Love that color. I really like the polka dot boots too. You should totally wear them! :) I have a couple of yellow Esperanza bushes and I can’t wait for them to bloom.

I’m so glad they bloomed for you Ann. They look so pretty in the yellow boots and make a lovely welcome to your front door for Easter. Beautiful! Happy Easter to you. Blessings, Pam

Ann, I love the yellow boots and what a cute way to bring a little spring inside. My neighbor has a row of forsythia in full bloom. I love looking at them each time I go outside. Forsythia is such a sunny happy color which we need today because it is a gloomy looking day. The spring vignette beside your door is a welcoming sight. I wish you and your family a very Happy Easter!!

Oh my gosh Ann – I have some cherry tree branches that I’m trying to force and have been looking for a tall container to put them in once they start to bloom. Just yesterday, I thought about using rain boots, but didn’t know where to find a cheep pair. I may have to make run to Target today! Thanks so much for sharing and it all looks beautiful!

So glad your forsythia bloomed… it’s beautiful! How fun your boot vases are… what a perfect spring look! (P.S. Your blooms should last at least a week! The post of my living room? Yep, I still have that exact forsythia branch in the same spot, but it’s probably about time to let it go. ;-)