This easy DIY Lemon Flower Arrangement takes just a few minutes and packs a big design punch. Flowers, lemons, and a couple of vases are all you need!
One of my favorite things about summer is being able to walk outside and cut fresh flowers. There are times though when nothing is blooming, so I pick up something beautiful at the grocery store. This DIY lemon flower arrangement is easy, super fast to put together, and can be made with any kind of flowers. If you have herbs growing, they would look great as well.
*Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
DIY Lemon Flower Arrangement Supplies Needed
- Two clear vases, sized so one fits inside the other. (6 x 12 inch clear vase | 4 x 10 inch clear vase | 8 x 13.5 inch clear footed vase)
- Garden shears
- Fresh flowers
I searched around the house and found two clear vases that were sized correctly for this arrangement. Any vases will work as long as they are clear and you have a bit of room around the inner vase to fit lemon slices. This arrangment can be small or very large, depending on where you want to use it.
- Step 1: Place the smaller vase inside the bigger one.
- Step 2: Slice your lemons about 1/4 inch thick. The number of lemons you need depends on the size of your vases.
- Step 3: Place the lemon slices between the small vase and the large vase. Use a long skewer to move them around.
- Step 4: Pour fresh water into both vases. The lemons should be completely immersed.
- Step 5: Arrange flowers and herbs of your choice and voila! A beautiful, easy DIY lemon flower arrangement that will last for days.
DIY Lemon Flower Arrangement Tips
- After the outer vase with the lemons is filled with water, the inner vase may start to float. Just add water to the inner vase and it will steady itself.
- Get plenty of lemons. For this arrangment, I purchased a bag of ten small lemons and used eight. Make sure to remove the seeds from the slices.
- Any type of citrus fruit can be used. Lemons, limes, oranges or even pink grapefruit (if your vases are large enough.)
- To get a little extra life out of any flower arrangement, when the blooms start to droop, cut all the ends off about an inch and change the water.
You might also like: Lemon Dessert Recipes