Make a flower arrangement with Limelights and sunflowers to cheer up your space during those lazy summer days! It’s easy and so fast.
There are periods of time during the year when our homes become a bit stale. I find that when a season is winding down, a little decor pick-me-up helps matters immensely. We are in the thick of summer right now, but we will soon be shifting our attention to fall. It’s the perfect time for Limelights and sunflowers.
Gather Your Supplies
To get ready for this easy arrangement, I picked up a package of five sunflowers at the grocery. I rarely go inside the grocery store these days, but when I do, I always treat myself to a bunch of flowers. To take my sunflowers to the next level, I paired them with fresh cut limelight hydrangeas from our front yard at the Sutton Place house. After that, I chose one of my favorite tall pitchers to use as the base for this arrangement.
How To Arrange
- Gather your favorite vessel, scissors, sunflowers, and hydrangeas. If you don’t have or can’t get hydrangeas, just use any fluffy white flower that’s available.
- Just before you place your stems in the water, give them a clean cut with scissors.
- Add water to your vessel, and then place the hydrangea stems. (I used seven.)
- Nestle the sunflowers in between the hydrangeas.
- Stand back and make any necessary adjustments.
- After a few days, prolong the life of your arrangement by giving the flowers a fresh snip, and changing the water.
Other Vessel Suggestions
The thing I like best about flower arrangements like this is the pop of color. The sunflowers are like smiling faces peeking out of the hydrangeas. I placed this pitcher of flowers in our living room on Sutton Place. I could see it when I was working, or watching TV. Our home was feeling quiet and empty, and this flower-filled pitcher made such a difference. Don’t ever underestimate the power of natural elements!
Flower arrangements don’t have to be complicated. With minimal supplies and a bouquet or two of fresh flowers, you can have a lovely addition to your decor in no time!
Shop + Source
Affiliate links included. See my disclosure statement. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- The Secrets To Long Lasting Hydrangeas
- The Complete Guide To Arranging Garden Flowers + Herbs
- Tips For Beautiful Tulip Arrangements
FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS
A SIMPLER LIFE.
I’ve been there. I know how you feel.
I can help.