When I shared my round-up of Valentine’s Day Ideas and Inspiration, I mentioned that I wasn’t the biggest fan of V-day. I have, however, had fun the past few years coming up with pillow covers that celebrate the day. They are all no-sew and super easy. (Links will be at the end of the post.) Today’s project is no different. It’s neutral, no-sew and has hearts on it…three very good things! Keep in mind that you can switch this up any way you like with a different pillow cover color and your own choice of fabrics. Here’s the how-to:
Here’s the steps:
- Print the templates. Click HERE for the extra large heart and HERE for the large heart. Cut out your hearts.
- Prepare the script fabric and burlap (or fabrics of your choice) by ironing the Wonder Under to the back side of your fabrics. You will need about a 12 x 12 inch piece for the extra large heart and 10 x 10 inch piece for the large heart. Let the Wonder Under cool. (Makes it a lot easier to peel off the backing.)
- Trace both hearts on the paper side of your fabrics and cut out. Peel off the backing paper.
- At your ironing board, press your pillow cover. Place your hearts where you want them on the pillow cover and press well. Make sure all the edges are secure.
- Using a hot glue gun, add embellishments of your choice. Some suggestions are: vintage or new buttons, scraps of lace or ribbon.
- Stuff your pillow insert and fluff!
I found the fun script fabric at Hobby Lobby but any fabric or craft store should have something similar. I have even seen burlap with a script pattern that would work great. I thought it sort of looked like a vintage love letter.
The embellishments are totally up to you. I have a bunch of vintage buttons so I glued some along the edge of the biggest heart. A few more buttons and a bit of vintage lace was all the burlap heart needed.
In case you don’t feel like a DIY project, I’ve got some new designs ready to go in my Society6 shop. Click HERE to see the newest heart design. Just FYI: I am giving the flower heart design away as a free printable in my next post. Make sure to check back! For the burlap buffalo checked pillow cover pictured above click HERE.
They just introduced an oblong pillow cover option…which I love. You can see them HERE. I hope to be adding more of these soon. Society6 is offering FREE SHIPPING until midnight PST tonight!
p.s. Here are the other pillow projects!