Make this easy best brownie recipe for one as a snack or dessert. Satisfies your chocolate cravings, make it in the microwave, and perfect portion control!
Did you ever have one of those days when everything is going wrong and the only thing that will make the day better is chocolate?
If the answer to that question is “yes,” you are in the right place. I get myself into trouble when I have days like this, because most of the time I end up making a big batch of cookies…or a whole chocolate cake. These are the days when we need portion control more than ever, and this Best Brownie Recipe for One is exactly that. It’s the perfect portion of gooey chocolate for just one person. That means no leftovers!
*Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Best Brownie Recipe Tips
- This is not a huge brownie, but it’s very rich, so it is more than enough. I have never doubled the recipe, but I think you could as long as the cooking time is adjusted.
- I use a four ounce ramekin that measures 3.5 inches in diameter and 1.75 inches tall.
- You can mix and then cook the batter in the same bowl, but it tends to stick. I have found that clean-up is easier if I mix in one bowl, and cook in a second bowl that’s been prepared with non-stick spray.
- Don’t overcook. There is no egg in the batter, so a little gooey goodness won’t hurt you a bit.
Best Brownie Recipe for One Make-Ahead Version
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, and 1/2 cup cocoa.
- Store in an air tight container.
When you are ready to make a brownie, substitute 1/3 cup of the brownie mix (level) for the flour, sugar, and cocoa. Follow the rest of the recipe as is.
This brownie recipe for one is for emergencies only…clearly it’s not something to make every day. But it’s nice to have something like this in your arsenal for days when the only thing that will make it better is chocolate!
Until next time…