This 5 ingredient Chocolate Pudding Cake takes just 5 minutes to prepare and pop in the oven. Uses basic pantry ingredients and is so moist!
Today I have an amazing cake recipe, that once you make it, you will keep the ingredients on hand. All the time. This chocolate pudding cake is the go-to dessert that my friend and former boss made all the time. The only “fresh” ingredient is eggs and we all usually have those. Everything else is a pantry item. You can literally make this from start to in-the-oven in ten minutes. Definitely a recipe you want in your arsenal.
Chocolate Pudding Cake
- One chocolate cake mix
- 1 can 15 oz. can Thank You brand Chocolate Pudding (can substitute 5 pudding snack cups, about 3 oz. each)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- With an electric mixer, blend cake mix, pudding and eggs. Batter will be thick.
- Pour into prepared 9 x 13 pan and spread to the sides. I prepare my baking pans with Baker's Joy.
- Sprinkle with sugar and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Note: Thank You pudding can be hard to find. You can substitute 5 chocolate pudding snack cups for the can of pudding.
Chocolate cake mix, chocolate pudding, peanut butter chips.
Spice cake mix, vanilla pudding, pumpkin or cinnamon chips.
Truth be told, I don’t measure the sugar and chocolate chips. I just dump them on. (Feel free to use more than the recipe calls for. I promise I won’t tell.) I have made this chocolate pudding cake so many times I’ve lost count, and it’s perfect every time. You really can’t go wrong. My daughter makes this recipe into cupcakes and they are amazing. Also, make sure to take a look at the variations I listed at the end of the recipe.
Chocolate Pudding Cake Tip
About the Thank You brand canned pudding. Sometimes it’s hard to find. In most grocery stores, it’s with either the boxed pudding or the canned pie filling. It can also be found at dollar stores or discount stores. I’ve even seen it at Big Lots. I usually buy two or three cans at a time, so I always have it on hand.
If you cannot find it, just use five chocolate pudding snack cups.
Update: I had a few questions about the cake dish. I got it years ago from QVC. It’s a brand called Temp-tations. It’s no longer available, but click [HERE] to shop similar items.
Have a beautiful day.
Want my dessert eCookbook?
Click the image to learn more!