*This easy chicken noodle casserole recipe was first published in 2011 when my blog was very new. I’ve added updated photographs, more information, and the printable recipe option.
This “comfort food” dinner has been a family favorite since my kids were very small. It was one of the meals I could make that EVERYONE liked. Over the years I have changed a few things to make it easier, but the taste is still the same. Before deli departments offered rotisserie chickens, I baked fresh chicken breasts. This added a time-consuming step to the process. By using a rotisserie chicken, the prep time is cut in half.
Easy Chicken Noodle Casserole Recipe Tips
- I served this casserole with fresh fruit and good rolls. The combination was so easy and quick to prepare.
- As our kids got older, I had to double the recipe. It doubles nicely and bakes evenly in a 9 x 13 pan.
- I always use fresh bread crumbs but of course, if you are pressed for time, store-bought bread crumbs will work just fine.
Other Sunday Supper Recipes:
- Easy Baked Spaghetti
- Rosemary Parmesan Chicken
- My Mom’s Pot Roast
- Hearty Potato Soup
- Chicken Pot Pies with Puff Pastry Crust
- Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
- Chicken Salad Fruit Plate
- Beef Barley Soup
- Chicken Noodle Soup
Shop my favorite kitchen tools and supplies in the On Sutton Place Amazon Shop!
Get the entire Sunday Supper collection
in a printable eCookbook by filling
out the form below!