*This easy chicken noodle casserole recipe was first published in 2011 when my blog was very new. I’ve added updated photographs, more information, and the printable recipe option.
This “comfort food” dinner has been a family favorite since my kids were very small. It was one of the meals I could make that EVERYONE liked. Over the years I have changed a few things to make it easier, but the taste is still the same. Before deli departments offered rotisserie chickens, I baked fresh chicken breasts. This added a time-consuming step to the process. By using a rotisserie chicken, the prep time is cut in half.
Easy Chicken Noodle Casserole Recipe Tips
- I served this casserole with fresh fruit and good rolls. The combination was so easy and quick to prepare.
- As our kids got older, I had to double the recipe. It doubles nicely and bakes evenly in a 9 x 13 pan.
- I always use fresh bread crumbs but of course, if you are pressed for time, store-bought bread crumbs will work just fine.
Easy Chicken Noodle Casserole
- 2 cups egg noodles measured before cooking
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 3/4 cup Milk (or fill the soup can 3/4 full)
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 deli rotisserie chicken breast meat only
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- fresh bread crumbs ( I use 2 hamburger buns.)
- olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook the egg noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cream of celery soup, milk and mayonnaise.
- Remove the breast meat from the rotisserie chicken. Roughly chop and add to the soup mixture.
- If there is any juice in the chicken bag, add it to the soup mixture.
- Add the noodles to the soup and chicken. Don't add them all at once. The mixture should be a little soupy so sometimes I don't use all the noodles.
- Stir in the peas.
- Put the mixture in a casserole dish prepared with nonstick spray.
- Make fresh bread crumbs by grinding two hamburger buns in a mini food processor. Put on top of casserole. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes. When done, top will be golden and edges will bubble.
Other Sunday Supper Recipes:
- Easy Baked Spaghetti
- Rosemary Parmesan Chicken
- My Mom’s Pot Roast
- Hearty Potato Soup
- Chicken Pot Pies with Puff Pastry Crust
- Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
- Chicken Salad Fruit Plate
- Beef Barley Soup
- Chicken Noodle Soup
Shop my favorite kitchen tools and supplies in the On Sutton Place Amazon Shop!