This mint lemonade recipe is a refreshing and simple drink that mixes up in minutes, has just a few ingredients, and tastes amazing. This is a zero calorie sparkling mint lemonade!
Sometimes it’s the simple things in life that bring us the most satisfaction. Almost without exception, the recipes I share on this blog are easy, and anyone can do them. That’s the story with this mint lemonade recipe that I’m featuring today. It’s so simple…and I find myself looking forward to making it every day. It quenches your thirst, and is the perfect cold drink on a hot summer day.
I happened upon this combination by accident. I picked up some Minute Maid Zero Sugar lemonade at the grocery store because I thought it would be a nice change from water. One day, I combined the lemonade with sparkling water, because I had opened a can of each, and finished neither. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was…and the next day when I made it again, I added the mint. This mint lemonade recipe is perfect for special occasions, but I drink it almost every day, and it’s become one of my favorite things about summer.
How To Make
- Place 3 mint leaves in two tall glasses.
- Add ice cubes and let sit for a few minutes.
- Pour equal amounts of the lemon sparkling water and Minute Maid lemonade into each glass.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves and lemon slices.
- Makes two 12 oz. servings.
- Using the bottled lemonade eliminates the need for fresh lemon juice and simple syrup. (If you want to add a little fresh lemon juice for extra flavor, it would be delicious!)
- With no sugar in any of the ingredients, this is a zero calorie, guilt-free beverage.
- Minute Maid Zero Sugar Lemonade is available in a 52 oz. bottle, a 2 liter bottle, or 16.9 oz. bottles, and comes in several flavors.
Fresh Mint Lemonade Tips
- I make it by the glass, but you could definitely make a big batch in a large pitcher. A clear pitcher filled with this fresh lemonade would be beautiful, with lemon slices floating on the top. Make sure to give it a good stir with a wooden spoon to avoid any metallic taste.
- It’s best to leave the sweet mint leaves in the glass while you are drinking the lemonade, so the fresh mint flavor gets stronger. They might get in the way if you use a straw, but they are so delicious.
- My favorite way to serve this lemonade is in a clear glass, but you need to get creative with the garnish. Adding fresh fruit such as strawberries or blueberries makes the garnish very colorful, and it transforms a simple glass of this mint lemonade into something beautiful.
- It’s a good idea to freeze some Minute Maid Zero Sugar Lemonade in ice cube trays. This will keep your lemonade from tasting watered-down.
Fun Ways To Serve Mint Lemonade
As mentioned above, serving this lemonade in a clear glass is classic and lovely. The stemless wine glasses featured in this post are budget-friendly and practical. It’s also fun to serve it in clear bottles, with striped straws. Other ideas are copper mugs or mason jars.
Even though this glass of lemonade is a great way to beat the heat on a hot day, it’s also perfect to drink year-round. Lemonade, in general, is a great way to stay hydrated. Adding mint to it enhances the flavor and provides an additional cooling effect. It’s a lemon infused water that’s the perfect summer drink.
More Summer Drinks
Mint Lemonade Spritzer
- 12 oz. Lemon sparkling water
- 12 oz. Minute Maid Lemonade Zero Sugar
- 6 mint leaves
- ice cubes
- Place 3 mint leaves in two large glasses.
- Add ice and let sit for a few minutes.
- Pour equal amounts of the sparkling water and lemonade into each glass.
- Garnish with fresh mint and lemon slices.
- Makes two 12 oz. servings.
FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS
A SIMPLER LIFE.
I’ve been there. I know how you feel.
I can help.