Make this non alcoholic white sangria recipe for your summer gatherings. Fresh fruit and tasty mint add just the right amount of flavor. So delicious!
Summer is the time for color. I love to serve colorful fruit and vegetables with our meals, and that includes drinks. This non alcoholic white sangria recipe is the perfect accompaniment to any summer meal. It’s refreshing and easy to make, with the added bonus of being beautiful!
Traditional (alcoholic) sangria has been around since the dawn of time. Originating in Spain, it is made with a combination of wine, fruit juice, sparkling water, fruit, and sometimes brandy. Sangria made it to the U.S. in the sixties, and since then, there have been thousands of sangria recipes shared in cookbooks and online. This is my version!
White sangria recipe tips
- Adding ice to your white sangria is optional. The thing about adding ice is that it waters down the taste of the juice. Grape juice comes in large containers, so it is likely you will have some left over. It works really well to plan ahead (which for this post, I did not) and make grape juice ice cubes. Ice cubes can also be made with sparkling water. Either way, as the ice melts in the glasses, the fresh sangria taste will not be compromised.
- Other juice ideas: apple juice, Simply Peach juice (found in the refrigerated section,) Ocean Spray White Cran-Peach juice, Ocean Spray White Cranberry juice, Welch’s Light Peach juice. (If you use peach juice, add fresh peach slices to your sangria.)
- Use any pitcher you have on hand, but a clear pitcher lets the beauty of the juice and fruit shine through.
White sangria garnish idea
This non alcoholic sangria is one of those recipes where the presentation is not only beautiful, but fun to put together. When shopping for your fruit, make sure to get a little extra of everything. For four skewers you will need:
- 4 chunks of lemon
- 4 chunks of orange
- 4 chunks of strawberries
- 4 large blueberries
- 4 green grapes
Thread the chunks of fruit on a small wood skewer. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Non alcoholic sangria…or not?
Sangria is super easy to make. You can basically use any beverage, add fruit, and call it sangria! If you prefer a traditional white sangria, simply substitute your favorite white wine for both juices. Another option is to use equal parts of white wine and sparkling water.
Other refreshing summer drinks:
Non Alcoholic White Sangria Recipe
- 1 large lemon sliced
- 1 large orange sliced
- 5-7 large strawberries sliced
- 10-15 green grapes
- 8-10 sprigs fresh mint plus more for garnish
- 20 blueberries
- 12 ounces white grape juice
- 12 ounces Trop50 orange juice
- 24 ounces sparkling water
- additional fruit for garnish if desired
- Wash and dry all the fruit.
- Thinly slice the lemon, orange, and strawberries.
- Add the lemon slices, orange slices, strawberries, grapes, blueberries, and mint to a large pitcher.
- Pour the grape juice, orange juice, and sparkling water over the fruit.
- Stir well.
- Refrigerate for an hour before serving.
- Serve in clear glasses with fresh mint and fruit garnish.