Easy Weight Loss Vegetable Soup Recipe Tips
- The chopping step when making this weight loss vegetable soup only takes a few minutes. I don’t mind chopping…I actually think it’s very therapeutic. Chopping included, you can have the soup simmering on the stove in about 20 minutes.
- The total calories are calculated in the printable recipe card below. One serving of this delicious soup is under 100 calories! If you left out the olive oil and used nonstick spray, the calorie count would be even less.
*Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Favorite weight loss vegetable soup supplies:
Of course, like any soup recipe, you can add your favorite vegetables and leave out what you don’t like. Many recipes include cabbage, which I cannot eat, so I left that out. I don’t include anything from the squash family because those tend to get mushy. Kale seems to be very popular right now, so that would be a good addition.
My “healthy eating” plan consists of having a cup of soup for lunch, along with some fruit. If I feel the need for protein, I add cottage cheese, yogurt, or a slice of turkey. I love to walk outside, so weather permitting, I try to work that into my day as well.
I do know how to eat healthy…in fact I am very good at it. My issue is actually making the choice to eat the healthy food over the not-so-healthy food. That is my constant struggle.
Easy Weight Loss Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1 cup chopped fresh carrots
- 1 cup chopped fresh celery
- 1/2 large onion (chopped)
- 1 cup green beans (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 large sweet potato (sliced and diced)
- 1 14.5 oz. can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Non-stick spray can be used instead of olive oil.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1 32 oz. container chicken broth
- 1 cup tomato juice
- Prepare and measure carrots, celery, onion, green beans, corn, and sweet potato.
- Pour olive oil into a large soup pot.
- On medium high heat, add all the vegetables including the sweet potato and can of tomatoes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cook for five minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken broth and tomato juice. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer about 30 minutes.
If you make this easy weight loss vegetable soup, and love it, please consider coming back and leaving a 5-star review. It would help me so much, and I would truly appreciate it!
Here are some sweet treat ideas to
add to your healthy eating arsenal!
Thank you for taking a few minutes out of your day to stop in…as always, I am very grateful for your friendship.