Easy Weight Loss Vegetable Soup Recipe Calories
The chopping part only took a few minutes. I don’t mind chopping…it’s actually very therapeutic. I had the soup simmering on the stove in about 20 minutes. I calculated the total calories and divided by eight servings or cups. I came up with 65 calories per serving. That is a very rough estimate. If you left out the olive oil and used nonstick spray, the calorie count would be even less.
Easy Weight Loss Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1 cup chopped fresh carrots
- 1 cup chopped fresh celery
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- 1 cup green beans fresh or frozen
- 1 cup corn fresh or frozen
- 1/2 large sweet potato sliced and diced
- 1 14.5 oz. can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Non-stick spray can be used instead of olive oil.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1 32 oz. container chicken broth
- 1 cup tomato juice
- Prepare and measure carrots, celery, onion, green beans, corn, and sweet potato.
- Pour olive oil into a large soup pot.
- On medium high heat, add all the vegetables including the sweet potato and can of tomatoes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cook for five minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken broth and tomato juice. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer about 30 minutes.
*Some links lead to websites where I am an affiliate. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Favorite weight loss vegetable soup supplies:
Of course, like any soup recipe, you can add your favorite vegetables and leave out what you don’t like. Many recipes include cabbage, which I cannot eat, so I left that out. I don’t include anything from the squash family because those tend to get mushy. Kale seems to be very popular right now, so that would be a good addition.
The plan is to have a cup of soup for lunch along with some fruit. If I feel the need for protein, I can add cottage cheese, yogurt or a slice of turkey. I do know how to eat healthy…in fact I am very good at it. My issue is actually making the choice to eat the healthy food over the not-so-healthy food. That is my constant struggle.
Here are some sweet treat ideas to
add to your healthy eating arsenal!
Thank you for taking a few minutes out of your day to stop in…as always, I am very grateful for your friendship.