This semi-home Easy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe is quick, hearty and delicious! Can be made-ahead and makes the perfect busy weeknight meal or Sunday Supper.
Not your mother’s chicken noodle soup recipe!
Hello…and welcome to another edition of Sunday Supper featuring this easy chicken noodle soup recipe that is truly comfort food at its best. This is not your mother’s chicken noodle soup either. It’s so easy and fast. It’s actually semi-homemade, and it literally takes 15 minutes to put together. When the noodles are done, it’s ready to eat.
Easy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe Tip
I have tried different types of noodles, and my favorite type to use is kluski. They may be a mid-western thing, because my cousin, who lives in Texas, can’t get them. In my humble opinion, they are as close to homemade as you can get out of a bag. The brand doesn’t matter…I’ve used Inn Maid, Mrs. Weiss’, and also local Amish-made noodles. They are all delicious!
Easy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 2 boxes chicken broth 32 oz.
- 2 cans Campbell's chicken broth (optional)
- 1 deli rotisserie chicken
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup each carrots and celery (chopped)
- 16 oz. bag egg noodles
- 1/2 teaspoon Lawry's seasoned salt
- In a large soup pot melt the butter.
- Add carrots and celery.
- Saute about 5 min.
- Add all the chicken broth, both boxes and cans.
- Pick the meat off the rotisserie chicken and add to broth.
- Make sure to pour any juice in the bottom of the chicken bag into the broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add almost the whole bag of noodles leaving a handful in the bag.
- Add seasoned salt.
- Simmer about 30 min.
This is one of those soup recipes that just gets better after it sits in the refrigerator for a few days. It can be made ahead, and freezes very well. If you are a crockpot user, all you have to do is saute the carrots and celery on the stove top, then transfer them to a crockpot. Add the rest of the ingredients, and cook it on low for a few hours. You will know when it’s done because the noodles will be cooked.
What makes this chicken noodle soup recipe so easy is using a rotisserie chicken. If you prefer not to use one, pieces of chicken can be baked or boiled, and then shredded. The two cans of Campbell’s broth add a little extra flavor because it’s thicker than normal chicken broth. If you can’t find it, or prefer not to use it, just use extra of the boxed broth.
Other Sunday Supper Recipes:
- Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Easy Baked Spaghetti
- Rosemary Parmesan Chicken
- My Mom’s Pot Roast
- Hearty Potato Soup
- Chicken Pot Pies with Puff Pastry Crust
- Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
- Chicken Salad Fruit Plate
- Beef Barley Soup
*Some links lead to websites where I am an affiliate. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Shop my favorite kitchen tools and supplies in the On Sutton Place Amazon Shop!
Click the image below
to get the free
Sunday Supper Cookbook!