Peanut Butter Blossom Cookie Recipe
Make this peanut butter blossom cookie recipe for after-school snacks or dessert. Includes from-scratch method and a semi-homemade version.
I’m popping in very quickly today to share this Peanut Butter Blossom Cookie Recipe…just in case you need one more extra little thing to do. Ha! Seriously, these cookies are amazing and super quick to make. I’m including my sister-in-law’s recipe that I’ve had for years if you want to make them from scratch. If not…read on for a simplified version that’s just as good.
I made these cookies from scratch until a few years ago. I’m not even sure how I found out about the simplified method…but the honest truth is I will never make these cookies from scratch again. I use the Betty Crocker Peanut Butter Cookie mix that comes in a red packet. You can find it next to the cake mixes. Just follow the package directions to mix up the dough. Once the dough is ready, pick up at No. 5 on the printable recipe below.
I’m telling the truth when I say that I cannot tell the difference between the scratch recipe and the mix. The mix cookies are just as chewy and taste like they’re chock-full of fresh peanut butter. If you’re not sure what I’m talking about, I even took a picture of the package!
I’m getting ready to put together my made-from-the-kitchen gifts for our family and friends. I wanted one more sweet thing to add and these cookies were perfect. I packaged them in little cellophane bags and added a gift tag.
(The tags featured in this post are no longer available. I have a huge selection of free printable Christmas gift tags that you can learn about HERE.)
I’ll be back tomorrow with the rest of the details. If all goes well I am including:
- English Muffin Bread
- Vanilla Sugar
- These cookies
*Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Here’s the Peanut Butter Blossom Cookie Recipe:
Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed firmly
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- sugar for rolling
- 24 Hershey kisses
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, or a mixing bowl with a hand mixer, cream together both sugars, shortening, peanut butter, egg, milk and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture. Scrape the sides of the bowl and mix just until all is combined. Batter will be rather moist.
- Using a small scoop, form balls of dough with the palms of your hands.
- Roll dough balls in extra sugar.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove cookie sheet from the oven and place a Hershey kiss in the middle of each cookie. Return to oven and bake for 1 to 2 minutes more. Cookies should be lightly browned.
- Cool completely. Wait at least 4 hours before packaging for gift giving. (It takes about that long for the Hershey kisses to set back up.)
Thanks for stopping by!