Inspired by Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Lattes, this no bake icebox cake is creamy and delicious. An easy, make-ahead dessert for the holidays!
One of my favorite desserts to make is a no bake icebox cake. There is so much to like about these easy cakes that I’m not sure where to begin! First of all, they are perfect for entertaining because they can (and should) be made a day ahead. They are quite simple to make, and go together very quickly. They serve beautifully and the flavor can be adapted for any season or holiday. If all that isn’t enough, there is always the taste…which is amazing.
What’s in a no bake icebox cake?
The filling for an icebox cake begins with a package of cream cheese and a can of sweetened condensed milk. After these two ingredients are whipped up, the flavor is added. When it comes to the flavor, the sky is the limit. I’ve used juice concentrate, pudding, pumpkin, yogurt, and fresh fruit. For this version, I used Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte coffee creamer and ground cinnamon. They gave this no bake icebox cake a spicy yet very light taste. The last addition to the filling is frozen whipped topping, otherwise known as Cool Whip. I’ve used regular Cool Whip and Cool Whip Lite…both are equally good.
*If you can’t find the Starbucks creamer, International Delight Cinnabon or Coffee mate Cinnamon Vanilla Creme can be substituted.
Once the filling is made, it’s time to make the magic happen! Graham crackers are used to make the layers of the cake. Layering an icebox cake is not an exact science. Using thin layers of filling will give you more graham cracker layers. Thick layers of filling are delicious, but you will get less graham cracker layers. Most of my icebox cakes end up with three or four layers because I’m usually too heavy-handed with the filling to get any more!
I initially made the sugared cranberries as a garnish for this cake, but they were so good that I decided to share them in a separate post. If you have never made them, you are in for a treat. They are super easy, beautiful, and the best combination of tart and sweet. So stay tuned for that!
Cinnamon Dolce No Bake Icebox Cake
- 8 oz. package cream cheese softened
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ cup Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Coffee Creamer (liquid found in the refrigerated section)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 oz. Cool Whip or Cool Whip Lite
- 1 box graham crackers
- With a standing or hand mixer, blend cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk.
- Beat on medium high for 2 minutes.
- Add ¾ cup Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Coffee Creamer.
- Add 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Mix on lowest speed just until combined.
- Add 12 oz. Cool Whip and fold in by hand or with the mixer on lowest speed.
- Cover the bottom of a 9 x 9 inch pan with the cream cheese/Cool Whip mixture.
- Add one layer of graham crackers.
- Add a thick layer of cream cheese/Cool Whip mixture on top of the graham crackers.
- Repeat the layering process until you have 3 or 4 layers of graham crackers, making sure a layer of cream cheese/Cool Whip is on top.
- Cover pan loosely with foil.
- Refrigerate a minimum of 6 hours. Overnight is best.
- Before serving, dust the top of the cake with ground cinnamon.
If you make this recipe, I would love for you to leave a 5 star review in the comments below. If you share on Instagram or Facebook, make sure to tag @onsuttonplace so I can see what you’re making!
I’ve been asked many times if real whipped cream can be substituted for the Cool Whip in an icebox cake recipe. I don’t have an answer because I have never tried it. Real whipped cream doesn’t hold up well in the refrigerator, so my best guess is that it wouldn’t work for a no bake icebox cake. If anyone has ever tried using real whipped cream, please leave us a comment and tell us what happened!
*Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Click to shop for: