As one who loves to sew, I have found that sometimes adapting a project to make it “no-sew” is tricky. That’s not the case with this no sew burlap ruffled runner. Using a hot glue gun made putting this runner together quick and easy. All you need to get started is burlap, ready-made ruffled trim, scissors and a glue gun/glue. The measurements of my runner are 20 inches x 50 inches. You can, of course, make your runner any size you want. For this size, I would recommend getting 1 3/4 yards of burlap. Most likely you could get away with 1 1/2 yards but that would be cutting it close at 54 inches. When you prepare the burlap, you will lose a few inches on the ends because it gets shaggy.
How to Make a Burlap Ruffled Runner
1. Prepare your burlap. Here is my tutorial on How to Wash, Dry and Cut Burlap. After you have prepared your burlap, cut a piece that measures 20 in. wide by 50 in. long. These are basic start measurements. You can make your runner any size you want. On the long sides, pull out 6 strands to create a fringed edge.
2. Cut 6 pieces of ruffled trim (available at any fabric or craft store) in 24 in. lengths. Begin attaching the first length of ruffle with a hot glue gun.
3. Let the ruffled edge hang off the end of the runner to cover the raw edge.
4. Make sure to leave a 2 inch overhang on each side of the runner. Run a bead of hot glue along the runner and completely attach the first ruffle. Work in about 5 inch sections.
5. Using the same method, glue the second row of ruffles above the first row.
6. Repeat again for the third row. Now rotate your runner and glue 3 rows of ruffles to the other end.
7. Turn the runner over so the back side is facing up. Trim the ends of the 3 rows of ruffles so they are even, 1 inch from the edge of the runner.
8. Glue the ends down so they are neatly attached to the back side of the runner.
9. Repeat steps 7 and 8 for the other end of the runner. Press well.
Click the image below for more easy table runners!
For more burlap inspiration just click this link:
8 DIY Burlap Projects Anyone Can Do!
Wishing you all an amazing week…see you soon!