No Sew Burlap Ruffled Runner Tutorial. Easy directions to make a custom burlap table runner that requires no sewing. Uses ready-made ruffled trim.
As one who loves to sew, I have found that sometimes adapting a project to make it “no-sew” is tricky. That’s not the case with this no sew burlap ruffled runner. Using a hot glue gun made putting this runner together quick and easy.
*Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Burlap Runner Supplies Needed:
- ready-made ruffled trim
- glue gun with glue sticks.
- I got the printed burlap at JoAnn, but it is no longer available.
The measurements of my runner are 20 inches x 50 inches. You can, of course, make your runner any size you want. For this size, I would recommend getting 1 3/4 yards of burlap. Most likely you could get away with 1 1/2 yards but that would be cutting it close at 54 inches. When you prepare the burlap, you will lose a few inches on the ends because it gets shaggy.
No Sew Burlap Ruffled Runner Tutorial
1. Prepare your burlap. Here is my tutorial on How to Wash, Dry and Cut Burlap. After you have prepared your burlap, cut a piece that measures 20 in. wide by 50 in. long. These are basic start measurements. You can make your runner any size you want. On the long sides, pull out 6 strands to create a fringed edge.
2. Cut 6 pieces of ruffled trim in 24 in. lengths. Begin attaching the first length of ruffle with a hot glue gun.
3. Let the ruffled edge hang off the end of the runner to cover the raw edge.
4. Make sure to leave a 2-inch overhang on each side of the runner. Run a bead of hot glue along the runner and completely attach the first ruffle. Work in about 5-inch sections.
5. Using the same method, glue the second row of ruffles above the first row.
6. Repeat again for the third row. Now rotate your runner and glue 3 rows of ruffles to the other end.
7. Turn the runner over so the back side is facing up. Trim the ends of the 3 rows of ruffles so they are even, 1 inch from the edge of the runner.
8. Glue the ends down so they are neatly attached to the back side of the runner.
9. Repeat steps 7 and 8 for the other end of the runner. Press well.
This does not have to be exact or perfect. The ruffles are very forgiving so if they are a bit wavy don’t worry about it. You can switch this up by adding more rows or using a wider ruffled trim. Use this no sew burlap ruffled runner tutorial to make a custom runner that reflects your own personal style!
Click the image below for more easy table runners!
Wishing you all an amazing week…see you soon!
Do you follow OSP on Pinterest?