6 ingredients is all you need to make this quick and easy Basic Baked Beans Recipe. An easy side dish recipe made with Bush’s Baked Beans that is perfect for a picnic!
Basic Baked Beans Recipe
We all find pleasure and fulfillment in different things. That’s what makes the world go round. One thing that brings me great pleasure right now is when I can cook something for my Dad that puts a smile on his face. Believe it or not, this basic baked beans recipe is his favorite thing to eat…followed closely by a big helping of meatless spaghetti. Not in the same meal of course. I made this these beans for a family dinner recently and my Dad was in heaven. They are easy, quick to throw together and oh so good. The addition of the cinnamon adds the best flavor…but it’s hard to explain. You will just have to try them and find out!
Basic Baked Beans
- 2 cans Bush's Original Baked Beans 28 oz.
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon regular yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 4 strips bacon uncooked and cut into 1 inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Open and drain extra liquid from cans of beans.
- Combine beans, ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and cinnamon in a casserole.
- Drop bacon pieces on top of bean mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes covered. Remove cover.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Stir and serve.
*Some links lead to websites where I am an affiliate. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
A really easy way to cook this basic baked beans recipe is to use your trusty Crockpot. Just mix them up right in the stoneware insert, turn them on low, and let them slowly cook for 3 to 4 hours. After about an hour, the smell coming from that crockpot will be heavenly.
Bush’s Baked Beans
I have never used anything but Bush’s baked beans to make this recipe. I’ve tried other brands but I always go back to Bush’s…and I think their commercials are so cute!
With cook-out and picnic season fast approaching, keep these beans in mind. They make a great side dish and are a definite crowd-pleaser. Another really good summer side dish is my Pasta Salad. One of my family’s favorite meals is burgers, baked beans, pasta salad and chips. If you aren’t a burger fan you can try my Easy Grilled Chicken. Either way, you can’t get much easier, or tastier, than that!
Basic Baked Beans Recipe Shopping Sources:
- Staub Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- Lodge Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- La Cuisine Cast Iron Casserole from Target
- My Favorite Kitchen Tools
Thanks for stopping by!
Get this free Sunday Supper cookbook.
Click the image to learn more!