In this post: No-Bake Caramel Graham Cracker Icebox Cake recipe that can be made a day ahead. Perfect for holidays, this caramel icebox cake melts in your mouth!
There are two things that icebox cakes usually have in common…graham crackers and Cool Whip. From there, the sky is pretty much the limit when it comes to combining textures and flavors. This caramel graham cracker icebox cake pairs gooey and sweet caramel sauce with crunchy Heath topping. Match made in heaven, right?
Graham Cracker Icebox Cake: Good Things
Icebox cakes are easy, but there are so many other reasons to make them part of your dessert lineup.
- There is no baking. In my book, that’s one less step and a lot less time.
- They can, and should be, made a day ahead. Serving an icebox cake for a family gathering or party let’s you get it out of the way the day before the big event.
- All recipes can be adapted to serve just a few or a crowd.
- Icebox cakes last in the refrigerator for up to three days. In fact, the longer they sit, the better they get. The problem is that they don’t usually last that long!
Caramel Graham Cracker Icebox Cake Recipe
- 1 box graham crackers
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 16 oz. Cool Whip or Cool Whip Lite
- 1 jar caramel topping
- 1 bag Heath Milk Chocolate Bits
- In the bowl of a standing mixer (or a mixing bowl with a hand mixer) beat cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk for 2 minutes.
- Gently fold in the entire container of Cool Whip.
- In an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 inch pan, spread a layer of the Cool Whip mixture.
- Top it with a layer of graham crackers.
- Follow with another layer of the Cool Whip Mixture.
- Generously drizzle the caramel topping on the Cool Whip layer.
- Repeat with graham crackers, Cool Whip Mixture, drizzled caramel until you have reached the top of your pan. Make sure to end with the Cool Whip Mixture.
- Sprinkle Heath Milk Chocolate Bits on top of finished icebox cake.
- Refrigerate 6 hours. Overnight is best.
*Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Caramel Icebox Cake Tips
- For the topping, if you can’t find the Heath bits, crushed Heath candy bars would work too. Another idea is salted caramel chips…or combine salted caramel chips with chocolate chips.
- I used Smucker’s Simple Delight Salted Caramel Topping. The jar was 11.5 oz. and I used about half the jar. Any kind of caramel sauce will work.
- I was able to get three layers of graham crackers, using a 9 x 9 inch pan.
- Before slicing, run a very sharp knife under hot water. The heat makes the cut smoother and prettier.
- Any pan will work, but one with perfectly square corners works best. Here is my favorite 9 x 9 pan.
I know we’re all busy and the next several weeks are going to be even busier. I just want to say thank you for spending part of your day with me. Time is so precious, and the fact that you spend some of your time here really is a blessing. I am very grateful for your friendships!
More Christmas fun is coming tomorrow so if you don’t subscribe to OSP by email, click the button below to join us. That way you won’t miss a thing!