With Autumn completely and finally here, the spicy scent of pumpkin bread baking in the oven just seems perfect.
Here is my favorite pumpkin bread recipe. I have tried many over the years but find this one to be moist, yet not mushy in the middle of the loaf.
- 15 oz. can of 100% pure pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 2 c. sugar
- 1½ c. oil
- 3 c. flour
- 1½ t. cinnamon
- ½ t. allspice
- 2 t. baking soda
- 2 t. baking powder
- ½ t. salt
- Ground nuts can be added if desired.
- Blend pumpkin, eggs, sugar and oil together with electric mixer.
- In a separate bowl combine rest of ing. and whisk together.
- Gradually add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture until well blended.
- Pour batter into greased and floured pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees.
- Mini loaves = 20-25 min.
- Small loaves = 30-35 min.
- Large loaves = 50-55 min.
This recipe made 8 mini loaves and 4 small loaves. Once the bread is out of the pans, I let it cool just a bit. I wrap each loaf in plastic wrap while still warm. This locks in a little of the steam. Even after sitting in the freezer the loaves taste fresh and oh so moist.
Nothing says fall like a good pumpkin recipe. If you try this make sure and let me know!
Treasure Hunt Thursday at From My Front Porch To Yours
SNS at FunkyJunk Donna’s
On The Menu Monday at StoneGable
Comfort Food at Centsational Girl