This is the best grilled chicken recipe! It’s easy, quick, moist and delicious. Uses fresh or frozen chicken breasts. Paired with rosemary roasted potatoes, it makes the perfect summertime meal.
Best Grilled Chicken Recipe
A few summers ago I read somewhere (don’t remember where) how to make delicious easy grilled chicken…finally. Grilling chicken for me was always a struggle. I either didn’t get it done enough or I ended up burning it. Here’s an easy method that will give you beautiful grilled chicken every time.
This is the best grilled chicken recipe because it’s tender and full of flavor. Cooking time really depends on how done the chicken is when it comes out of the microwave. If it’s cooked all the way through, decrease your grill cooking time to 3 to 5 minutes per side.
If you can’t find the Marzetti’s dressing, any kind of honey dijon dressing will work. Sweet Italian or Ranch dressing can also be substituted. The most important thing is to marinate the chicken in the dressing for at least four hours…six hours is better.
*Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
Fresh herbs are always fun to cook with and brighten the flavor of food. This is especially true when you cook with rosemary. These roasted potatoes are so simple and they are filled with flavor. It’s best to use fresh rosemary, but if you don’t have any, a good substitute is rosemary flavored olive oil. Any kind of potatoes can be used, just make sure to chop bigger potatoes into smaller chunks. I tend to get a little heavy-handed with the salt because I think it adds great flavor. Definitely season to your own taste!
Best Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 1 40 oz. bag frozen chicken breasts fresh chicken breasts can be used also
- 1 15 oz. jar Marzetti’s Honey Dijon Salad Dressing found in the refrigerated section
- 10 fresh basil leaves chopped
- salt & pepper
- Partially thaw the bag of chicken. It doesn't have to be completely thawed.
- Pour the jar of salad dressing into the bag of chicken. Add the chopped basil.
- Seal and roll the bag until all the chicken is covered with dressing.
- Place the bag in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Refrigerate 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove the baking pan from the refrigerator. Empty the contents of the bag into the pan.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap.
- Microwave for 5 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and turn chicken, making sure to move the pieces around and redistribute the dressing.
- Microwave for 5 minutes more.
- Place chicken on preheated grill. Add salt and pepper. Cook on medium heat for 6 to 7 minutes per side. Check to see if it’s done before removing from grill. Chicken should be white and the juices should be clear. (Cooking time will vary depending on the heat of your grill.)
- To make the roasted potatoes: Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Wash and cut in half 12 new red potatoes. Place the potatoes in an oven safe casserole. Drizzle with olive oil. Add salt & pepper to your taste. (I like a lot of salt.) Mix lightly until the olive oil is distributed evenly. Lay rosemary sprigs on top of potatoes. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Potatoes should be fork tender. Discard rosemary before serving.
Join the OSP Email
Subscriber list and get
this free collection of
Sunday Supper ideas.
Click the image
to learn more!