Just 5 ingredients in this amazing Lemonade Icebox Cake Recipe! So easy to put together and there’s no baking. Lasts in the refrigerator for several days!
Summer and lemonade are like Bert and Ernie or peanut butter and jelly. Chips and dip…Lucy and Ricky. They just go together…so when I found this Lemonade Icebox Cake recipe I knew it was a great choice for an easy summer dessert. Emphasis on easy. The hardest part is waiting the six hours it takes for the cake to set up!
The sugar from the cream cheese/Cool Whip mixture somehow soaks into the graham crackers and they end up tasting like a graham cracker crust. When it comes to the layers, make as many as you want. I ended up with four, but it would be just as good with three…and the cream cheese/Cool Whip layers would be thicker. (You can see exactly how to lay the graham crackers out by visiting my No Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake post.)
Lemonade Icebox Cake Tips
A couple more things about this cake that I just love.
- First, it lasts for days in the refrigerator. You can definitely make it a day or two ahead if you are serving it for an event.
- Second, it cuts like a real cake and it looks beautiful. A simple lemon and mint garnish is all you need to impress the pants off your guests!
Lemonade Icebox Cake
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup frozen lemonade concentrate thawed
- zest of one lemon
- One box of graham crackers
- 12 oz. Cool Whip
- Beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. About 2 minutes.
- Add thawed lemonade and lemon zest.
- Beat again another minute until well blended.
- Fold in 12 oz. of Cool Whip. (I bought a 16 oz. container and used about 3/4's of it.)
- In an 8 x 8 glass dish, spread a thin layer of the Cool Whip mixture.
- Place graham crackers (covering the whole layer) and press lightly so they sink into the Cool Whip.
- Make three more layers. You should end and begin with the Cool Whip mixture and have four layers of graham crackers.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
This lasts in the refrigerator 3 or 4 days. Just cover lightly with foil.
*Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Visit my Amazon Shop for my favorite kitchen tools…and much more!
I swear this month is flying by fast…seems like it was just Memorial Day. We’ve already had the first day of summer and I’m so glad it’s finally here. Looking out my window at the full green trees just makes me smile.