Make this fresh Watermelon Mint Salad with Feta Cheese for an easy summer side dish. It’s perfect for any family gathering or summer party!
As promised when I shared my container herb garden, I’m back with a refreshing salad recipe that combines watermelon, mint & feta cheese with a delicious olive oil dressing. Some of you may be thinking that watermelon is perfect on its own and it is…but this recipe dresses it up a bit. This watermelon mint salad is colorful, amazingly fresh and perfect for a summer al fresco dinner.
The recipe is simple and chopping everything up is extremely satisfying. We didn’t eat the whole batch the evening I made it. I refrigerated the leftover salad in a covered bowl and had it the next day for lunch. It was actually very good. There was quite a bit of the dressing gathered in the bottom of the bowl but it didn’t make the watermelon soft or mushy. I scooped it out with a slotted spoon and enjoyed it immensely!
Watermelon Mint Salad with Feta Cheese
- 4-6 cups fresh seedless watermelon cubed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 20 mint leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Place chopped watermelon in a large bowl.
- Combine olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Whisk well.
- Pour olive oil dressing over watermelon and gently toss.
- Sprinkle with chopped mint and crumbled feta. Toss again so all ingredients are combined.
- Serve immediately. If you are waiting to serve, refrigerate until ready.
- The dressing will fall to the bottom of the bowl. That's fine. Use a slotted spoon to dish out the servings.
- Adjust the mint and feta amounts to your taste. There is enough dressing to cover up to 10 cups of watermelon so feel free to use more.
There is something about the olive oil & lime juice combined with the sweet watermelon that makes this salad so tasty. The mint is subtle and doesn’t overpower…and the feta adds a creamy texture. I really loved it and will definitely be making it over and over again.
Watermelon Mint Salad Tip:
I noted in the recipe that you could use more watermelon without increasing the amount of dressing. Another idea is using just half of the dressing and saving the other half for another time. It would be delicious on any sort of lettuce or pasta salad. It’s going to be my go-to homemade dressing from now on!
Thank you so much for stopping by…see you soon!