I was going to wait a week or so to post the next recipe for my Fresh Flavor of the Month series. However…I just can’t wait.
This copy cat Starbucks lemon loaf recipe is so good…so fresh…so pretty.
Like most of the recipes I share, it’s easy and quick. The only things you might not have on hand are the lemon and lemon extract.
Like my recipe for Berry Orange Coffee Cakes, the best part about preparing this was the fresh lemon scent when I was grating the zest. The only tweaks I made to the original recipe were the addition of fresh lemon juice to the glaze and the instructions to scrape the bottom of the mixing bowl.
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 3 eggs at room temp.
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 T. butter softened
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2 t. lemon extract
- 1/3 c. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 c. oil
- zest of one lemon
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 2 T. milk
- 1/2 t. lemon extract
- juice of 1/4 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare 9 x 5 loaf pan or 6 mini pans.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla and lemon extracts, and lemon juice with a mixer.
- Scrape bottom to make sure all is combined.
- Pour dry ing. into wet ing. and blend until smooth, scraping sides and bottom of bowl.
- Add oil and lemon zest. Mix well.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan(s) and bake for 45 min. (9 x 5) or 25 min. (minis.) Insert toothpick to test...it must come out clean.
- Remove from oven and let set 3 minutes.
- Prepare glaze...whisk to combine.
- Remove bread from pan(s) onto wire rack. Make sure and put a cookie sheet under the rack. Pour glaze over bread. Cool completely on rack.
- mini = 2 1/2 in. x 4 in.
- small = 3 in. x 5 1/2 in.
- large = 9 in. x 5 in.
It cooked so evenly that I think getting it done in the middle won’t be a problem.
Just so you know…this photo shoot was SO much easier since I made a food photo drawer in my living room. I keep the foam core board behind my antique dresser so it’s right there when I need it.
What they say is true…live and learn!
To see all my citrus desserts click on the image below!