Make these Citrus Banana Cream Homemade Popsicles for a fresh and tasty summer treat that your kids (and you) will love! Easy enough that the kids can help.
Hello and I’m so glad you are here! Up today is something I’ve never done and I have to say it was really great fun. I made homemade popsicles…and they were so easy. These citrus banana cream homemade popsicles would be perfect to make for kids or grandkids. They would be a great little kitchen project to make with kids as well. Older children could actually make them on their own.
This recipe could be easily doubled, and there would still be plenty of room in the blender. I got seven popsicles from these measurements. That’s plenty for me because I will most likely be eating them all by myself. My husband is a chocolate lover, and wasn’t the least bit interested! They are a relatively healthy little dessert which is a good thing.
*Click HERE for my complete disclosure statement.
Citrus Banana Cream Homemade Popsicles Tips:
- Here is the popsicle mold that I used: Norpro Ice Pop Maker.
- It came with enough popsicle sticks for two batches. When I put the lid on the mold and inserted the popsicle sticks, they slipped down quite a bit. Not much of the stick would be showing out of the popsicle. I just attached large paper clips to the sticks to keep them up.
- I used Dannon OIKOS Orange Cream greek yogurt. They also make a key lime flavor which would be good as well…just use lime zest and juice instead of lemon.
- These are refreshing and tangy. This is the perfect summer snack, and it’s almost good for you! The yogurt adds protein, and the bananas are chuck full of potassium.
I enjoyed making these popsicles very much. It was something new and easy. It got me away from the computer and now I have a little treat waiting for me in the freezer that will last for several days. All very good things!
Citrus Banana Cream Homemade Popsicles
- 6 oz. frozen orange juice concentrate thawed
- 5.3 oz. container greek yogurt
- 2 ripe bananas
- zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until frothy.
- Pour into popsicle molds.
- Freeze for 4 hours. Overnight is better.
- Makes 7-8 popsicles depending on the size of your molds.
Speaking of refreshing recipes…I’ve also been making mint lemonade every day. My mint is growing like crazy and it’s so nice to have it right there out my back door. If you missed my container herb garden you can see it HERE. If you haven’t planted mint there is still time. Most places have marked down their plants, so it’s a great time to buy!