Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins Recipe: cream cheese and toasted pecans make these muffins perfect for breakfast or a snack. Moist and delicious!
Well…the cans of pumpkin I bought last month are now officially gone. I’m fresh out of pumpkin recipes for this season but I’m pretty sure I saved the best for last. Cream cheese can only make a recipe better…right? That is what takes these pumpkin cream cheese muffins to the next level. I love the way these turned out. The only thing I would do differently is squirt the cream cheese mixture more into the center of the muffin cup. These had great texture and were so moist. Definitely worth the time to make them from scratch.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
For the filling:
- 8 oz. cream cheese at room temp.
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
For the topping:
- 5 Tablespoons Flour
- 5 Tablespoons white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons toasted chopped pecans optional
- 3 Tablespoons butter at room temp.
For the batter:
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups pumpkin
- 1/3 cups canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease and flour 18 muffin cups or use paper liners.
- Beat cream cheese until soft.
- Add egg, vanilla and brown sugar.
- Beat until smooth. Set aside.
- Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon and pecans.
- Add butter and cut in with a fork until crumbly.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and gradually incorporate eggs, pumpkin, oil and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth.
- Fill cups with pumpkin mixture 1/2 full.
- Carefully add one Tablespoon cream cheese mixture right in the middle of the muffin cups.
- I used a pastry bag but a ziploc bag with the corner cut off works just as good.
- Sprinkle on the streusel topping.
- Bake 20 – 25 min.
*Some links lead to websites where I am an affiliate. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Click the links below for more pumpkin inspiration!
Get these free Fall
Farmer’s Market Inspired Printables.
Click the image to learn more!