Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins Recipe: cream cheese and toasted pecans make these muffins perfect for breakfast or a snack. Moist and delicious!
Well…the cans of pumpkin I bought last month are now officially gone. I’m fresh out of pumpkin recipes for this season but I’m pretty sure I saved the best for last. Cream cheese can only make a recipe better…right? That is what takes these pumpkin cream cheese muffins to the next level. I love the way these turned out. The only thing I would do differently is squirt the cream cheese mixture more into the center of the muffin cup. These had great texture and were so moist. Definitely worth the time to make them from scratch.
*Some links lead to websites where I am an affiliate. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
For the filling:
- 8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
For the topping:
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
For the batter:
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 15 oz. pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Grease and flour 18 muffin cups or use paper liners.
- For the filling: in the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla, and brown sugar.
- Beat until smooth. Set aside.
- For the topping: in a medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, and pecans.
- Add butter and cut in with a fork until crumbly.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and one at a time, add the two eggs, pumpkin, oil, and vanilla, beating between additions.
- Beat until smooth, making sure to scrape the bowl well.
- Fill pan vessels 1/4 full with the pumpkin batter.
- Carefully add one tablespoon cream cheese mixture on top of the pumpkin batter.
- Divide the remaining batter among the vessels.
- Sprinkle on the topping over the batter.
- Bake 20 – 25 min.
Click the links below for more pumpkin inspiration!
Get these free Fall
Farmer’s Market Inspired Printables.
Click the image to learn more!