I am trying SOOOO hard to to find inspiration so I can get in the mood for spring. It hasn’t been easy but I did come up with this cute DIY Burlap Easter Bunny Pillow cover that’s quick and actually quite fun. This is a no sew craft too which means anyone can do it. No excuses!
Here’s what you need: Pillow cover, 12 in. x 12 in. piece of burlap, Wonder Under, bunny template and embellishments for the tail. You’ll also need scissors, an iron and a glue gun.
2. Cut out the template. (I printed mine on card stock so it was easier to trace around.)
3. Cut a piece of Wonder Under about the size of your piece of burlap. Follow the package directions and fuse the Wonder Under to the burlap with a hot iron. Let it cool.
4. Trace two bunnies (mirror images) on the Wonder Under side of the burlap and cut out.
5. Peel the backing off the bunnies.
6. Press your pillow cover so there are no folds or wrinkles. On your ironing board, place the bunnies on the pillow cover. Carefully iron them until they are adhered to the pillow cover.
7. Attach the tail embellishments with a glue gun.
When I was shopping for this project, I had not found the bunny template yet. In my mind I thought the bunnies would be smaller so I chose the smaller flowers for the tails. You could absolutely use something bigger and in fact it would probably look better.
I love the way the bunnies match the jute trim of the pillow cover. These pillow covers come in a few different colors but they all have the jute trim. This is a simple yet sweet project that takes less than 30 minutes. I’ve listed all the sources right here: (some are affiliate links)
Now for our first bHome app tip: If you want to change your user number to a name, tap Me on the bottom navigation bar. At the top of your Me page is a little pencil next to the user number. Tap the pencil, type in a name, and tap Done. Easy right? If you haven’t downloaded our app yet but would like to try it out just click this link: bHome App.
Click these handy links for more burlap inspiration!