Easy recipe for Fresh Strawberry Scones. Step by step directions with photos that will turn out the perfect scones. The finishing touch is an amazing glaze that adds just the right amount of sweetness!
I got sidetracked for a bit with my bundt cakes, but I’m back in scone mode and today I’m sharing a recipe for fresh strawberry scones. Before I made my Lemon Ginger Scones, I thought scones were complicated and hard to make. I thought something that was so beautiful, and tasted so good, couldn’t possibly be easy.
Well…I’m here to tell you that they are. Super easy in fact. It took me longer to chop the strawberries than it did to mix up these fresh strawberry scones.
This fresh strawberry scones recipe is not overly sweet, so don’t skip the glaze. It really is the finishing touch and takes hardly any time at all. I always think of scones as a breakfast food but these are perfect for dessert…or an afternoon snack with a cup of coffee or tea. Strawberries are not in season around here yet, but I found some organic strawberries at my grocery store that were amazing. I am definitely making these again though when our homegrown strawberries are available.
How many scones you get from the recipe depends on the size of your cookie cutter. I used a 3 1/2 inch cutter and got ten scones. If you make smaller scones, you would get more. Another option is to shape the rolled-out dough into more of a circle and then cut it into wedges.
(Some links leads to a website where I am an affiliate. Click [HERE] for my disclosure statement.)
Fresh Strawberry Scones Recipe
Fresh Strawberry Scones
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt cut to 1/4 if you use salted butter
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 8 Tablespoons chilled butter cut into small cubes (one stick)
- 10 - 12 strawberries cleaned hulled and diced
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 Tablespoons half and half
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add butter and cut in with a pastry blender.
- Add strawberries and coat with flour mixture.
- Add half and half. Stir until mixture comes together. The dough will be very shaggy. Make sure all the half and half is incorporated.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface.
- Using your hands, bring the dough together.
- Gently, with a rolling pin, roll dough until it's about 1/2 in. thick.
- Using a round cutter, cut as many scones as you can. Place them on a cookie sheet.
- Pat leftover dough together and cut more scones.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until bottom is golden.
- Remove and place scones on a cooling rack. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Make the glaze: Combine ingredients until smooth.
- Drizzle over cooled scones.
The weather here has been beautiful…finally everything is green and the weeds are growing faster than I can pluck them out of the soil. I always get impatient to start planting, but I know that’s a few weeks away. For now I’m enjoying the newness of all my perennials popping up and the green buds on the trees. I hope the weather is beautiful where you are too…thank you so much for stopping by, and for your friendship.
Click [HERE] to see my favorite cookie sheets ever!
More delicious strawberry dessert recipes!
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Skillet Cake
- Strawberry Streusel
- Strawberry Lemon Shortbread Bars
- Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Muffins
- Strawberry Walnut Bread
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- Strawberry Icebox Cake
- Strawberry No Churn Ice Cream