Delicious and refreshing Orange Fluff Salad Recipe that’s quick & easy. An orange jello salad that can double as a dessert!
This orange fluff salad recipe is one of those go-to dishes that is so refreshing and actually does double-duty because it can be served as a salad or a dessert. In fact…it is so good you will find yourself sneaking a helping or two when no one is looking!
A Refreshing Orange Jello Salad
It goes together very quickly and lasts in the refrigerator for several days. It does not separate or lose its texture. Another great thing about this salad is that it makes a generous amount. When I was finished folding it altogether, my Kitchenaid mixing bowl was almost full. It definitely makes enough to feed a crowd.
Orange Fluff Salad Recipe
- 1 large box Cook and Serve Vanilla Pudding
- 1 large box orange Jello I used sugar-free
- 2 cups water
- 1 16 oz. container Cool Whip I used Lite
- 1/2 bag mini marshmallows
- 1 can (20 oz.) pineapple tidbits partially drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) mandarin oranges partially drained
- Mix together pudding, jello and water in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil stirring often.
- Remove from heat and pour into the bowl of a standing mixer.
- Refrigerate one hour.
- Beat on high 5 – 6 minutes until creamy.
- Fold in Cool Whip, marshmallows and fruit.
- Transfer to glass bowl or trifle dish. Chill before serving.
If serving in a trifle bowl, reserve a few mandarin orange pieces for garnish.
Orange Fluff Salad Recipe Variations & Tips
- Switch to strawberry jello | substitute fresh or frozen strawberries for the mandarin oranges.
- Switch to peach jello | substitute diced canned peaches for the mandarin oranges.
- Can be served individually in ramekins, clear bowls or mason jars.
- Put the whole salad in a clear trifle bowl and let guests help themselves. Before serving, top the salad with a layer of Cool Whip and garnish with mandarin oranges and fresh mint.
This orange fluff salad recipe is perfect to take to a potluck dinner or picnic. With spring definitely here and summer coming soon, this orange jello salad is definitely a recipe you should keep in mind.
If you’re wondering, I didn’t eat this whole thing myself! I shared some with my dad and he loved it. He told me it reminded him of a dessert my grandmother made called Pineapple Puffs. I googled it and found what I think was her recipe…so it may be appearing on the blog soon.
*Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Other Fluff Recipes:
Join the OSP email subscriber list!
Click the image to learn more.